One of ConnectED’s aims is to recruit the best possible teacher trainees and provide excellent training in order to supply outstanding teachers to meet the needs of schools and pupils in our region.
Our partner schools are very experienced in delivering high quality teacher training. We have a strong track record of excellent outcomes with all trainees, who have gone on to gain employment in the region. We are able to offer a rich and varied experience across the phases and provide opportunities for teacher trainees to gain further insights through our enrichment activities into such areas as EAL, SEN, and progression.
Placements on the School Direct Salaried are available in the primary phase, both within Barrow CEVC Primary and in a range of schools across Suffolk, through the Suffolk & Norfolk SCITT (School-Centred Initial Teacher Training) programme.
For the academic year 2018-19, we are working with a number of providers offering different routes into teaching, so no matter what your age and experience, we are likely to have the training route for you!
The School Direct (Salaried) training programme is an Employment Based route into teaching and you are paid a salary as you train.
To find out more detail about how this works CLICK HERE
- GCSE mathematics Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- CSE English Language Grade C or above (or equivalent)*
- If you want to teach primary age children, GCSE science Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- A UK first degree (or equivalent)
- – Primary SCITT and Primary School Direct courses:
Honours Degree, normally 2.2 or better (or equiv. 360 CAT points)
- – Secondary SCITT and Secondary School Direct courses:
First degree, normally 2.2 or better (or equiv. 360 CAT points).
Usually at least 50% should be in the subject you wish to teach
* You need to have the GCSE qualifications before you apply.
(Please note that Level 2 Adult Numeracy and Literacy are not accepted as equivalents)
Professional Skills Tests
If you are thinking of applying for a teacher training course, you will need to take the numeracy and literacy skills tests as part of the application process, and ensure you have passed them before the start of the course.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
The Disclosure and Barring Service has taken the place of the CRB check and it is a condition of all ITT courses that trainees must have a satisfactory enhanced DBS check before commencing training. In the case of School Direct Salaried, the employing school will arrange this with trainees. For those on student based courses, arrangements for completing DBS check applications will be explained as part of the selection and induction process.
The experience of work requirement does not apply to candidates seeking to train in the following High Priority Secondary subjects:Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, and MFL.
We work in partnership with Suffolk and Norfolk Initial Teacher Training (SNITT) to offer a School Direct Salaried Primary Training Programme. We are offering around 7 primary places for 2018/19; placement schools are spread across 7 primaries in the region.
Why train with ConnectED TSA primary partnership?
As a partnership of schools, we have a broad range of experience and expertise in Initial Teacher Training. We have a good track record of supporting and nurturing trainees into outstanding teachers. Successful trainees will often go on to work within their host school or group of schools, although there is no absolute guarantee of this
- High quality teacher training, delivered in collaboration with a provider rated good with outstanding features by Ofsted 2013
- A salary while you train
- A blend of teaching experience in schools informed by high quality centre-based training
- Training by experienced and outstanding classroom practitioners
- An award of Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and 60 Masters level credits accredited by University Campus Suffolk
- The opportunity to excel in teaching – last year 61% of trainees qualified with a grade of ‘Outstanding’
- Very good employment prospects within local schools
Our placement schools
For 2017/18 the placement schools in our partnership are:
Barrow CEVC Primary School, Burwell Primary, Burwell Community Primary, Bentley & Copdock Primaries, Chilton Primary, Clare Primary, and St Mary’s Primary.
How to apply
All applications for the School Direct Training Programme (Salaried) must be made via UCAS (Visit UCAS website)
ConnectED Teaching School Alliance, as the lead school for the Consortium, will receive all applications and together with the training provider will select for interview.
How to apply
- All applications for the School Direct Training Programme (Salaried) must be made via the UCAS website