Placements on the Tuition PGCE ITT route into teaching are available in the primary phase, both within Barrow CEVC Primary and in a range of schools across Suffolk, through the Suffolk & Norfolk SCITT (School-Centred Initial Teacher Training) and The Cambridge Teaching Schools Network SCITT programmes.
Placements on the School Direct Salaried route may also be available. Before applying for the Salaried Direct programme, applicants must have the support of a school that is able to make a significant contribution towards their salaries.
For financial information regarding Initial Teacher Training, please see the following links to our partners’ websites:
- GCSE English Language – Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent qualification).*
- GCSE Mathematics – Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent qualification).*
- GCSE Science – Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent qualification).
- A UK first degree (or equivalent) – normally 2.2 or better (or equiv.360 CAT points.)
Different teacher training providers may have their own entry criteria or stipulate further requirements regarding your degree.
* Please note Level 2 Adult Numeracy & Literacy are not accepted as an equivalent qualification.
Professional Skills Tests
If you are thinking of applying for a teacher training course, you may need to take a numeracy and literacy skills tests as part of the application process, and ensure you have passed them before the start of the course.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
It is a condition of all ITT courses that trainees must have a satisfactory enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check before commencing training. In the case of School Direct Salaried, the employing school will arrange this with trainees. For those on student based courses, arrangements for completing DBS check applications will be explained as part of the selection and induction process.
Why train with ConnectED TSA primary partnership?
As a partnership of schools, we have a broad range of experience and expertise in Initial Teacher Training. We have a good track record of supporting and nurturing trainees into outstanding teachers. Successful trainees will often go on to work within their host school or group of schools, although there is no absolute guarantee of this
- High quality teacher training, delivered in collaboration with providers rated good by Ofsted
- A blend of teaching experience in schools informed by high quality centre-based training
- Training by experienced and outstanding classroom practitioners
- An award of Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- The opportunity to excel in teaching – last year 67% of trainees qualified with a grade of ‘Outstanding’
- Very good employment prospects within local schools
Our placement schools
The placement schools within our partnership are: Barrow CEVC Primary School, Burwell Primary, Burwell Community Primary, Bentley & Copdock Primaries, Chilton Primary, Clare Primary, St Mary’s Primary, and Hopton CEVC Primary.
How to apply
All applications for must be made via the UCAS website