- Learning and Teaching
- ITT and NQT development
- Secondary science (Physics)
- KS3 skills curriculum
SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sarah currently works at Sir John Leman High School in Beccles, a mixed comprehensive school of 1350 yr7-13 students. She is Director for Learning and Teaching and a member of the schools Leadership Team. Sarah teaches GCSE science and triple physics, and leads the KS3 skills team. She leads whole school PD days, fortnightly L&T briefings and organises sharing good practice sessions. Sarah line manages ITT/NQT training and development, most able student provision and is the senior team link for the humanities faculty.
Sarah`s particular professional interests include:
- Creating engaging and active lessons.
- Development of study skills to enable students to be more resourceful, resilient and successful in the learning.
- Practical science activities to engage learning.
- Use of the TEEP lesson planning tool.
- Successful use of AfL within lessons.
Her recent projects and achievements include:
- Introduction of GO4Schools Homework module across the school.
- Introduction of a year7 and 8 skills curriculum through project based learning.
- Development of the schools marking and feedback policy to include DIRT by students.
- Implementation of ‘open classroom fortnight’ where colleagues could observe each other and share best practice.
- Evolving programme of quality assurance.
If you feel that Sarah can assist you and your school, the connectED TSA would be delighted to discuss with you how she may be able to assist. Please contact the Teaching School either by telephone or email : 01284 810223 or firstname.lastname@example.org