- Discipline and Rewards
SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Pip is the Deputy Headteacher of Westley Middle School, Bury St Edmunds. Westley Middle School is part of the Bury St Edmunds Academy Trust.
His responsibilities include:
Head of dept. (technology); Lead Pastoral care; Behaviour and rewards; Curriculum timetable; Oversight of school diary and calendar; Day to day timetable and cover; House system; captains and student council; School Transport); Whole school assemblies; Website update; Organisation and coordination of activities week; Midday Supervision.
Phil’s particular professional interests include:
- Rewards, Behaviour and Pastoral support programmes
- Developing online resources and tutorials
- Staff Inset and mentoring
His recent projects and achievements include:
- Development of a new whole school behaviour & rewards policy
- Introduction of Westley’s House system
- Implementation of a new ‘Pupil of the Term’ award.
- Introduction of an incredibly successful online parents evening booking system
- Pip has developed his own YouTube channel which is now in its fourth year. It contains over 40 Maths tutorials for pupils and parents and has had over 350,000 views as of Nov 2016.
If you feel that Pip can assist you and your school, ConnectED Teaching School Alliance would be delighted to discuss with you how he may be able to assist. Please contact the Teaching School either by telephone or email : 01284 810223 or firstname.lastname@example.org