- Curriculum – planning, whole school, SMSC
- The Arts, including Arts Awards
SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fran has worked at Bury St Edmund All Through Trust – Westley Campus since 1992. She started as Co-ordinator of Music and became an AST for Music for the County Music Service in 2002. This role was an opportunity to work with many music colleagues across the county to develop music teaching, run courses for SOR, contribute to music conferences, lead music technology twilights and contribute to a Suffolk County Council ‘Raising the Bar’ conference. The school, situated in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, was awarded Artsmark Gold in 2005, and is currently an Artsmark school, working on developing its Artsmark status in the new Artsmark format. Fran is currently Assistant Headteacher with curriculum responsibility.
Fran`s particular professional interests include:
- Music is Fran’s passion. As a practising musician, she wants all children to enjoy their music making and develop their skills and appreciation of music. Through developing other teachers’ skills and confidence, she believes that all children can receive a good music education.
As a CALSA this passion for music has broadened to all of the arts. Collectively the arts can enhance pupils lives, give them self esteem confidence and a way to express themselves.
- Through effective planning and monitoring schools can run a creative curriculum that supports pupil learning and meets the needs of the National Curriculum. Fran is interested in overseeing the curriculum as a whole, looking at how assessment, feedback and marking are all embedded and how this impacts on learning. She has a passion for high quality teaching and using observation and team-teaching to develop teacher skills and confidence.
Her recent projects and achievements include:
- Becoming a CALSA, working in partnership with Festival Bridge
- Chair of BSEATT Music committee
- Ipads in Music conference
If you feel that Fran can assist you and your school, the connectED TSA would be delighted to discuss with you how she may be able to assist. Please contact the Teaching School either by telephone or email : 01284 810223 or email@example.com