- Assessment and tracking
- Curriculum development
SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Colin is deputy head of science at County Upper School in Bury St Edmunds. It caters for 13-18 year olds and there are approximately 950 pupils. Colin is the lead for the Norfolk and Suffolk Science Learning Partnership, which provides CPD for teachers.
Colin‘s particular professional interests include:
- Staff development through science CPD
- The use of practical science to engage and inspire pupils
- The use of assessment and tracking to monitor pupil progress in science
His recent projects and achievements include:
- Hosting and organising STEM events in the region in conjunction with the Science Learning Centre.
- Implementation of a new assessment and tracking approach for the science faculty
- Leading the Norfolk and Suffolk Science Learning Partnership
If you feel that Colin can assist you and your school, ConnectED Teaching School Alliance would be delighted to discuss with you how he may be able to assist. Please contact the Teaching School either by telephone or email: 01284 810223 or email@example.com