- Mathematics (EYFS, KS1, KS2, KS3)
SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ruth is currently working in Boxford CEVC Primary School where she is subject leader for mathematics. She has worked in both primary and middle schools in Suffolk and has over 20 years of experience. Ruth is leading the implementation of MathematicsMastery© in her school and is enjoying seeing staff and children flourish and progress on their mathematical journey. Ruth also enjoys working with Gifted and Talented pupils and is co-organiser of the Royal Institution Maths Masterclasses for year 8 in Suffolk.
Her recent projects and achievements include:
- Leading school based CPD in Maths
- Developing and delivering a Teacher Research Workgroup with the NCETM on Ratio and Proportion
- Presenting at the Suffolk Maths Conference in 2017
- Presenting on Geometric Reasoning at the British Conference of Mathematical Education (BCME) at the University of Warwick in 2018
- Supporting Cambridgeshire schools on a SSIF project to implement a mastery approach to mathematics
- Developing and Delivering CPD on: Mastery, Fluency, Bar Modelling, Calculation in EYFS, Engaging Y2 in maths while preparing for SATs, Use of Manipulatives
- Developing and Delivering CPD on hard to teach and hard to learn areas of maths such as Algebra and Fractions, Decimals and Percentages.
- Supporting Teaching Assistants with understanding mathematical developments and with evidence-based practice to support them in their role
If you feel that Ruth can assist you and your school, ConnectED Teaching School Alliance would be delighted to discuss with you how she may be able to assist. Please contact the Teaching School either by telephone or email: 01284 810032 or email@example.com