- Key stage one teaching and learning
- English leadership
- Initial teacher training (ITT) and SNITT mentor
SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Hayley has been a primary school teacher for 14 years and currently teaches at Barrow Primary School , an outstanding primary school near Bury St Edmunds. She has been in key stage one for the majority of that time and currently teaches in year 2. Her roles include English lead, key stage 1 leader and SNITT mentor.
Hayley‘s particular professional interests include:
- Across KS1 developing a professional ethos which is based upon providing outstanding teaching to all children.
- Delivering a creative, engaging and inspirational curriculum.
- Looking for innovative ways of developing classroom practice and particularly enjoys researching, developing and sharing ways of teaching reading to colleagues.
- Working collaboratively with other professionals, working enthusiastically to extend expertise and knowledge.
- Excellent lines of communication through being open and building trust; pursuing high performance in a framework of warm relationships.
- Mentoring students through their ITT journey.
- Providing high quality coaching and mentoring.
- Developing a culture that empowers both individuals and teams through adopting shared values and a common purpose.
Her recent projects and achievements include:
Key Stage 1 Leader at Barrow Primary School
Undertaken the monitoring, evaluation and review of English, with a particular focus on reading within school and have recently aided with the writing of the English Development Plan and Reading SEF in line with recently revised Ofsted Framework.
Hayley has developed and implemented whole school tracking systems and procedures which have been adopted for reading across the whole schools at a classroom levels, which has helped provide a whole school overview.
Continues to work with a range of Key Stage 1 teachers in schools, from NQT’s to more experienced teachers to improve the quality of teaching and learning in Key stage 1.
Supporting SNITT students and mentors through placements in Key Stage 1 and their training
If you feel that Hayley can assist you and your school, ConnectED Teaching School Alliance would be delighted to discuss with you how she may be able to assist. Please contact the Teaching School either by telephone or email: 01284 810223 or email@example.com