During the day, Clare will focus on:
- Current national perspectives on curriculum;
- How we might build a curriculum that promotes long term learning through applying research from cognitive science;
- An overview of how memory works and how this can influence our thinking about curriculum;
- Exploring how we can plan links that reinforce learning across year groups and across subjects, creating a coherent curriculum;
- How we can develop a curriculum that puts rich knowledge and vocabulary at the heart of learning.
The outcomes from this day should enable Primary Headteachers and Senior Leaders to understand the principles of curriculum design and to consider the implications for curricula within their own schools.
Date: Friday 24th May 2019
Time: 9.30 am to 3.30pm
Course: Venue: Chilton Community Primary School, Stowmarket, IP14 1NN
Facilitator: Clare Sealy
Cost: £55 per delegate, including refreshments (tea or coffee & a sandwich lunch)
Book your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org